Friday, January 14, 2011

Three things you should know about me

  1. I'm not good in a crisis. If you are looking for a well-reasoned, in depth analysis of what went wrong, or you would like a balanced opinion on some life-changing decision, complete with examples and philosophical underpinnings, then I'm your guy. If you're looking for someone to take charge in the heat of the moment, start barking orders, and always know exactly what to do, you're going to want to call someone else.
  2. I can't be dared. People have tried to dare me to do one thing or another my whole life, and as far as I can recall, it hasn't worked a single time. I'm not sure if it's because I'm too internally motivated or just chicken, but it's just not going to happen. So don't even bother. On the other hand...
  3. I'm highly suggestible. For example, JV suggested in response to my last post that I wear one of my two identical watches on each arm. I chuckled at the suggestion and promptly forgot it. Until this morning, when for reasons we won't go into right now, it struck me as the best idea ever. 
It feels even stranger than it looks.

I'm taking bets on how long it takes before anyone at work says anything. So far I may have caught one sidelong glance, but no comments. 

4 comments:

  1. NO comments? Weird...as far back as I remember you couldn't be talked into anything for any reason unless you deemed it a good idea at the time. Stubborn boy. Try wearing the watches on one arm - that's just too odd not to ask about...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what i want to know is how you took the picture with the camera in your mouth. you might want to add a fourth item to that list if you have some sort of prehensile tongue. or a least making specialty videos...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @daisyfae: I'm so, so glad I'm not the only person who noticed that.

    @Chris: I laughed so hard at this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @wonder. I'm still hard to talk into things, but it's amazing what I can talk myself into.

    @daisyfae: A man has to keep some secrets. But I did used to be able to tie a cherry stem in a knot.

    @Jane. Glad I could amuse you.

    ReplyDelete