Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Lunch for two one

Don't you hate when someone invites you to lunch and then doesn't show up? I'm never really sure whether to be offended or worried. Today's perpetrator is a bit of a screwup free spirit, so I'm leaning towards the former.

Luckily we were meeting at everyone's favorite near-campus landmark, which features very good local cuisine and almost 200 varieties of beer. So I had a plate of etouffee and a pint of outstanding local brew, and let the two tables of lawyers next to me remind me why I don't have any friends who are lawyers. (Not that there is anything wrong with them.)

It actually turned out pretty well. I've had a pretty tough week so far, and it would have been easy to let being stood up ruin my lunch and the rest of my day. I'm not sure where I found the attitude to blow it off and enjoy myself, but I'm glad I did. Sometimes I still surprise myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment